Fall brings the idea of warm comfort foods. From our Thirve Cookbook comes this favorite. Combined with a tasty chili dish, this is an excellent dish for campers and hunters.
This southern basic will become a family favorite! The warm and rich texture will always make you feel at home.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
½ cup butter, melted
1 c. THRIVE White Sugar
2 THRIVE whole eggs, rehydrate
(2 tablespoons powder + 4 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons THRIVE powdered milk + 1 cup water + 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice "OR" 1 c. buttermilk
½ teaspoon THRIVE baking soda
1 c. THRIVE cornmeal
1c THRIVE white flour
½ teaspoon THRIVE iodized salt
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar. Add prepared eggs and prepared buttermilk and continue to whisk.
3) Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, mixing thoroughly; add to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined, but do not over mix.
4) Pour batter into a greased muffin pan or 8x8 inch-baking dish.
5) Bake for 20-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
HINT: if using all dry ingredients, this recipe can be prepackaged and made at the campsite, by just adding water!
Serve hot with rehydrated Thrive butter and sprinkle with Thrive honey crystals.